[DeTomaso] ZDDP zinc oil additive

pantdino at aol.com pantdino at aol.com
Fri Mar 13 00:20:59 EDT 2009

 There is a virgin oil analysis for Shell Rotella T Synthetic CJ4/SM on bobistheoilguy.com from 8/08

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1234980#Post1234980

It shows 1300ppm of Zinc, which is plenty.? So at least this oil is still OK for our cars..

You really have to specify which rating of oil you are talking about when you state an oil type-- each time the government stipulates a change the rating changes.? So the Rotella T Synthetic CJ4/SL I bought a month ago (probably old stock in the supply chain) is probably even higher in zinc than the SM-rated.?

JIm