[DeTomaso] [SPAM] FW: ZDDP zinc oil additive

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Thu Mar 12 19:01:29 EDT 2009

Paul
I'm onside with the care issue.
My point is that Mobil1 15W50 is not like any other retail Mobil1.
Mobil have specs all over the place, as you have to, to meet today's
alphabet-soup requirement.
15W50, on the other hand, is in retailers, has a stable spec at 1200 ppm
and is racing oil.
Like you say though - you need to keep reading the spec in case they get
browbeaten into cutting the zinc,
 the same way that the diesel oils are being cut now.
dave