[DeTomaso] Need a left rear caliper or some parts

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:00:04 EDT 2009

Greetings,
I was going to install my wilkinson caliper seal kit and porterfield pads today and found a couple of problems with my left rear caliper.
1. The white plastic spacer between the indirect piston and the caliper frame was broken and missing a piece. That has caused the piston housing to tilt and wear the pads unevenly.
2. The E-brake actuating lever on the indirect piston was bent and when I tried to straighten it the brazed connection to the shaft failed.
3. The male portion of the adjuster that protrudes from the direct piston has suffered damage to some of the tiny teeth/threads and the female portion now slips when engaged in that area.
Has anyone got a used assembly or parts for sale? I'd be grateful.
I really want to get by with stock stuff until it's time for the new wheels and V rated tires. Then we'll do the new axles, bearings, brakes and rotors etc.
Thanks,
Larry.