[DeTomaso] ZDDP zinc oil additive

Robert Kirk kirkbrit at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 17:28:30 EDT 2009

I have recently become aware that current motor oils are profoundly lacking enough zinc to adequately lubricate older engines.
One of my MGC customers has had a major failure with his new Cam.   I now learn that lack of sufficient zinc (ZDDP) in the oil is probably a supporting if not causation of the problem.  I now am now on board with what looks to be the best solution on the market...."ZDD plus".    Anyway I wanted to offer the group an opportunity to purchase a small quantity (5 4oz bottles) at a 25% discount to the retail price of $9.95/bottle.  That would be enough to do 5 oil changes.  Moss gets $12/bottle with their dealer cost still over the MSR of $9.95
A brief run down of the problem:
http://www.macysgarage.com/myweb6/ZDDP.htm