[DeTomaso] How they made a Boss 302 fit in a Goose!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 11 16:33:48 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/11/09 11 06 54, steven.liebenow at att.net writes:

> I had always wondered....as well as recently wondered why a stock intake,
> spacer, carb, and air cleaner would NOT fit in my car......thought I was going
> crazy...

This might not have been necessary to make the engine fit into the car?    I
know George Gordon-Smith had the same operation performed on his car to raise
the engine and keep the bellhousing from hitting the ground.

Think carefully before proceeding!   Now might be a good time to consider
switching to a GT40 bellhousing and clutch/flywheel, which are much smaller in
diameter and will end those worries for good when you lower the engine back
down.   The bits are available from Safir, but are rather expensive.   As you
might imagine!