[DeTomaso] How they made a Boss 302 fit in a Goose!

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 14:55:38 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 2:10 PM, <asajay at asajay.com> wrote:

> This begs the question... why?
>
> Why were those spacers installed?  Was it for clearance on the bottom
> end?  Was it for higher weight distribution?
>
> What would you speculate?

I was talking to an ex-Mangusta owner the other day, and he said during one
of his "adventures" in the '70s, he bottomed out at 130MPH.  His oil pan got
squashed a bit and started leaking.  Maybe it is a ground clearance issue?

sean

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '60 Metro, '59 A35, '71 Pantera