[DeTomaso] Waterpump

Rick Moseley moseleya at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 10 11:36:58 EDT 2009

>In my opinion, a custom rebuilt water pump over normal aftermarket pumps
has >similar advantages to a custom rebuilt carb over an off the shelf
Holley. Off >the shelf is purdy good, but custom rebuilt is better.

>Anybody else with a rebuilt pump?

>Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

Hey Doc!
I couldn't agree more.  Even though you have to salute Vic Jr. for his "made
in America" philosophy, if you've spent any time in the factory you know
it's still a factory and there aren't a lot of rocket scientists doing
production work.  Same goes for the other vendors too.  But if you are
having anything hand rebuilt (in a pro shop) and willing to pay the extra
price you usually get someone paying a bit more attention to detail, using
better parts and looking for known problems that only experience can
provide.

Rick