[DeTomaso] Waterpump

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 01:20:33 EDT 2009

IMHO, there's no advantage from one pump over another except theoretically,
and in my experience, that has not led to lower engine temps. But the aluminum
pumps are half the weight of a stock iron unit. I've used a Weiand 8209 for
over 18 years, and the punishment it's soaked up is incredible; no leaks yet and
it still cools the motor just fine. In L.A at least, there's a shop that will
rebuild most pumps (seal & bearing), if you need such a service. Be very
cautious with 'high-volume' or 'racing' water pumps. Besides the extra cost of
these, a couple of our West Coast racer-types have recently lost impellers off
the pump shafts, thoroughly messing up their track-days.... Good luck- J DeRyke