[DeTomaso] Speed error

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 21:42:21 EDT 2009

What is the correlation between the speed indicator and the odometer?  Given that there is only 1 cable.  I.e.  is it reasonable to assume with an 8 percent error in speed that the car the has 8 percent fewer miles on it !
(Assume the wheels were constant from day 1 for this question).   Thus is the ratio indeed 1 to 1 within the unit so any input correct would effect both the speed and odo.