[DeTomaso] oem balljoints and bushings

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Mar 8 16:40:57 EDT 2009

The last I looked, prices on these sets could vary widely. I imagine a
lot of that has to do with how the price actually fluctuated for a while
between when the parts became scarce, to when they again were available
everywhere. As an example, ball joints alone ended up coming down to
nearly one quarter their price in just a year. The trouble is, if you
are a a vendor, do you sell them for the price you purchased them, or
for less? That of course is a business decision that can have many other
factors bearing on it. The consumer-side fact is.... these parts are
available at a much lower price now.

You may have $1,000 in the whole set, and there may be auctions for that
price as well, but the market has other outlets for less. It's all a
matter of buyer education.

If I were you, I'd put all the parts out on a mat, take a photo and post
them on ebay. Hopefully you'll get closer to what you'd like to get.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA