[DeTomaso] Speed error

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Mar 8 14:24:52 EDT 2009

In a message dated 3/8/09 7:08:56 AM, michaelsavag at gmail writes:

> Finally got to play with christmas present GPS tomtom 930 and the Pantera
> at the same time. 1oo on speedo is 92 on GPS. Tires are 245 45 17 and 335 35
> 17.     What parts with numbers and source do I need to correct.  Michael in
> Savannah

Unlike U.S trannys, there is only one speedo gear known for inside the ZF,
outputting to the right-angle drive and the cable. To correct for giant wheels &
tires etc, you'll need a conversion box from a good speedo shop, or to
convert the Pantera to a programmable electronic speedo. Owners have done both and
the 91-93 Pantera 200/SI had an electronic converter attached to the ZF
right-angle drive and an electronic speedometer as-stock (no cable at all). Wilkinson
whould be your source for the factory stuff. The yellow GT5S clone I worked
on a year ago had a mechanical converter box for its 17" wheels- from Hall, I
suspect. It was about the size of a matchbox with a short cable driving it and
the stock cable driving from the converter to the speedometer. Good luck- J
Deryke