[DeTomaso] I lost my dad yesterday...

Tom Di Iulio tomdiiulio at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 21:55:37 EST 2009

to my "online family",
     my father passed away yesterday battling wave after wave of maladies
the last 12 years in which he endured more hardships than i would've had the
courage to fight. my mother, his wife of 62 years, was there by his side
during this long ordeal, ignoring her own disabilities to address his needs.

     my father was first-generation italian in this country, graduated high
school, and enlisted in the army-air force during wwii. over the next 30
yrs, his career in the air force took him thru the korean conflict and the
viet nam war. he retired a lieutenant colonel in the early 70's.
     my father is responsible for my love of cars and our first joint
venture was restoring a 1931 model a sport coupe. being allowed to assist on
the project is one of my fondest memories. the affection for cars is one
that stays with me today.
     i write this message to my friends because i wanted to testify publicly
to his importance in my life and to acknowledge how much i'll miss him.
although we were not able to converse as i'd have liked these past few
years, his presence has never been far from my mind or heart.
     i apologize to the list for this self-indulgent letter. i ask that you
NOT respond to me regarding my father's passing, instead keep a good thought
for my father's soul. it helps me more than you know.
     i miss my dad today.
tom di iulio