[DeTomaso] I could use some help

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Mar 7 14:25:24 EST 2009

In a message dated 3/7/09 9:54:18 AM, bwerner at live.com writes:

> I am taking my suspension apart for powder coating.  Any ideas on the best
> way to remove the upper rear ball joint from the  A arm??

Bill, it simply presses in. First, remove the fragile rubber boot. Then use
an 'appropriate' sized piece of water pipe (or pipe fitting) over the stud and
gainst the ball joint body and tap or press it out. Most move uncomfortably
easy for their function..... Note when putting it back in that there's a
specific direction- the slot on the upper balljoint body should align with the rear
upright so the slot in the top allows the stud & a-arm to move without
interference.   Good luck- J Deryke