[DeTomaso] The Visceral Experience

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sat Mar 7 01:06:26 EST 2009

Damn Michael, you hit that nail right on the head.

Why did I buy two Mustangs and end up with one Mach I?  Because it
provided a visceral experience most teenagers drooled over.  Still
does.  I still find it hard not to find the firewall through the
accelerator pedal.  I still find it hard not to shift gears near
redline.  I still find it hard not to test the limits of new
technologies in rubber adhesion.  I want to crank the stereo to ZZ Top's
"La Grange" and barrel down the road so fast the lines look like dots.

Why did I buy a Pantera?  Because (and shamefully so), when one came up
from behind me in a parking lot, I lost all sense of reality and the
fact I was with the most gorgeous woman in the world; I didn't want to
live vicariously, I wanted to live viscerally.  The Pantera became my
obsession, even though it would be north of 10 years later before I had one.

umm..... that's enough confession for one day.
Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA