[DeTomaso] ZF Fendt roller

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Thu Mar 5 19:16:22 EST 2009

All,
?I have an original, printed in Germany, 5DS-25/2 manual.

Under the Technical Date on page 2 and in the Maintenance and Lubrication section,
there are several references to "Fendt Roller".

There are no pictures of this machine, nor description.

It is written:

"Method of Lubrication:

B. Type for Fendt Roller

The extreme application condition of the vehicle (traveling up and down steep hills)
requires an oil supply to the gearbox...."

It goes on to mention this application had an additional oil container (1.5 liter) designed
to supply additional oil on a downhill movement to prevent all the oil moving forward,
leaving gears uncovered.

There is also mention of...
"(i.e. when the vehicle is taken out of service during the summer months)"

This leads me to believe it was used in some Winter-only application.

A quick web search shows Fendt to be a maker of farm tractors.
Why one would be taken out of service during summer is thus rather strange.

There must have been some other Fendt machine used in winter?

Larry

???????