[DeTomaso] ZF

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Thu Mar 5 17:18:21 EST 2009

Dear Jack,

            You wrote:

             " Since the ZF was first used in a Swedish pavement-building machine called a
             'Fendt Roller', "

             Is that true??     I had heard an allegation that the ZF was originally designed for a road-grading machine.   It was said casually and I thought that it was possible, but not really plausible.   Is there really some documentation to support that the ZF was indeed designed and intended for a pavement building machine??    If so, then it would seem to explain why it is so tolerant of high torque and horsepower powerplants with minimal problems.

                     Very curious,  Chuck Engles