[DeTomaso] NPC - Consumer Reports on Cars

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 13:00:49 EST 2009

On VW...

When I asked a mechanic friend of mine (who works on VW's) about their new cars, he
said "piece of crap!"  When I inquired about Audi, he said "expensive piece of crap!"  My
neice's experience with her new Jetta over the last 3 years has proven this to be true!  It's
constantly been in the shop, they can't fix the problems, even replaced the engine, and it's
still problematic.

I love their older cars though. I had a beautiful 69 Bug that I restored; sold it to buy a
computer in 1990; wish I still had the Bug!