[DeTomaso] EFI manifold pictures request

jgkrenton at comcast.net jgkrenton at comcast.net
Mon Mar 2 22:28:07 EST 2009

Paul:

This what you were thinking of?

I built it in the early 90's.  It's a Weiand under all that stuff.  I unbolted the original plenum and bolted a welded up aluminum box in it's place.  I welded on the injector mounts that had been milled out of an aluminum extrusion/bar stock.  I used a DFI aftermarket throttle body.  Today I'd probably use the SVO-Cobra throttle body and "hard coupled" fuel rails.  I also added a "pop-off" in case it back-fired I didn't want to turn the box/plenum inside out.  The plenum probably should be a bit bigger (more volume) but this one fits under the engine cover and still gives good access to the injectors.

The distributor is a very tight fit.  I ended up using the "small" distributor as there just wasn't any way to get the large cap in there using the Weiand manifold, even before I put the box plenum on it.  I need to convert to a distributorless system.

Let me know if you want more.  I don't have a good digital photo of the manifold before I installed it but might be able to scan one.

Interestingly the EEC-IV system I use allows me to monitor the intake air temperature.  My temperatures at full boost were lower than other normally aspirated engines using the OEM-Windsor EFI manifold.

Jeff/2467