[DeTomaso] Brake vacuum tube and hose and NAPA closes

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 14:39:20 EST 2009

FWIW,

I searched all over for the correct hose ..... VW, Porsche, et al.  No luck.

I got vacuum hose from a Pantera vendor. It was 1/2 inch ID hose  from
Aeroquip and was too small to fit the steel pipe or the manifold  fitting on my '74.
Believe me, I tried to get it on.

The OEM steel pipe from my car has an OD of 14.50 mm  (0.571 inches). At the
hose retaining bead, the OEM steel pipe has an OD of  15.07 mm (0.594).
Godzilla couldn't get that 0.500 inch ID  hose on the pipe. I swapped my OEM steel
pipe for 1/2 inch aluminum fuel  line. I beaded the ends of the aluminum
tubing, brazed a 1/2 nipple on the  manifold adapter and have slept peacefully ever
since.

Your milage may vary,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com