[DeTomaso] Original GTS pictures

mikeldrew at aol.com mikeldrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 19:03:19 EST 2009

Richard,

You wrote:

My car is about to be painted and the shop unfortunately misplaced all
the
pictures taken to make sure it was painted with the same scheme as the
factory.

>>>DOH!

 I'm looking for pictures of unmolested US GTS's.  The outside
isn't a problem, it's the door sills, under the front and rear deck
lids,
the nose (the transition from side to front of the black bottom), and
underneath the side gills.

  >>>At the risk of asking the obvious, have you checked the GTS section
in the worldwide De Tomaso registry?

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/SearchGTS.asp

>I'm also looking for any guidance anyone might have regarding OEM
paint.
I'm guessing they won't be able to cross-reference the paint codes from
the
parts book to today's paint companies.  The car is silver.

>>>I think all the factory paint codes in the book are obsolete, but
you can give it a shot?

I would have thought that they would have matched the paint before they
stripped the car???