[DeTomaso] Radiator baffle

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 02:08:24 EST 2009

In a message dated 3/2/09 22 56 29, gudmundfroiland at yahoo.no writes:

> Strange observation. I had a smal leak in the radiator on my Pantera.Took
> the endcover off to solve the leak. When i looked inside the cover it had a
> baffle in the middle to separate the radiator half the way up.This is in the end
> without hoses.( Driver Side)I am wondering if have a baffle here how the
> flow can cross? 1974 Pantera

You say there is a baffle in the end of the radiator without the hoses?

I know that there is normally a baffle in the end WITH the hoses.   In fact,
the early cars had the radiator divided front-to-back, and that didn't work,
so the later cars had the radiator divided top-to-bottom.

See the photo:

The end tank on the bottom of the photo shows the early setup, and the one on
the top shows the later, better setup.

But I didn't know there was also a baffle on the other side???   I don't see
how that could work either?   Which way does the baffle go?   Like the early,
or the late setup from the photo above?