[DeTomaso] 2nd car to pantera

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 02:40:44 EST 2009

1996-2003 BMW 328i.
I bought a '96 328i 4dr for $5200 3 years ago and it's been great.  I can see why these are
enthusiast cars!  Purchased with 140,000 miles from original owner - it's tight, runs great,
handles exceptionally well, brakes are superb, it's comfortable, handsome, has a large
trunk, 4 doors, can buckle the whole family, averages 24-25 mpg overall around town and
32 mpg highway. It's definitely a lot of car for the money.

I also had a 93 Olds Achieva that I bought with only 30,000 miles. Basic four banger, but
that was a great car too, although FAR SHORT in the build quality department. Was
dependable and ran well up to 130,000 miles then started having mechanical problems,
including a head gasket failure at which point I junked it. But the interior was already falling
apart when I bought it - all the plastic bits alignment was failing and no longer aligning,
pieces warping and popping out, headliner falling, etc.  Crappy build quality to be sure!