[DeTomaso] Gee, I wonder what Asa Jay did in his garage tonight.

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 30 11:35:26 EDT 2009

I had the same problem regarding the fans turning on with the ignition.
I also had a horn issue and mounted two new Autozone Hella horns on the original bracket under the light.  Quick easy and loud and no modifications other than a ground wire placement.  The original horns ground through the bolt that attaches them to the bracket as I recall.

As far as the relays and fans I had an easy fix and it is all hidden.  It is not super cheap but an easy fix and cannot be seen at all.
I bought the Pantera electronics RFC module with proportional assist to keep the temp constant with the least possible amps.
I did this along with the fuse box and headlight module all from Pantera elcetronics.

If anyone is thinking of using the Radiator Fan Control (RFC) from Pantera Electronics it is "Cake" to install and works well.
I mounted mine right by the horns so it can be seen instead of by the headlight bar that runs between the headlight buckets and seems to work well.

Just a thought for anyone with a screwed up wiring on their fans like I had.
Oh, did I mention the professionals that wired my new radiator and fans prior to me buying it ran all the wires under the carpet without insulation.  In fact, nothing was done the right way which goes to show you the age old saying if you want it done right do it yourself still holds true.
Now all my wires run with the stock wires through wheel well and all are proper color and gauges with cross fire wire.
Once you start these projects it seems as though they go on and on and are full of surprises at least in my case.

Clay