[DeTomaso] Possible Hood Vents

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 29 19:17:51 EDT 2009

Just getting in on the debate on this one after 4 days laid up in a Ft McMurray AB hospital, so it's good to be thinking about something other than when the hell can I get out of here and why isn't it dark yet.

I'm planning on cutting louvres into a fiberglass decklid I have for my '74 to aid both aerodynamic stability and evacuate exhaust heat from 180 headers.

Talk to Larry Stock on belly pans, the one he is now sporting is a rubber unit that is attached to the chassis plus a-arms and flexible enough to 'give' with suspension movement. If you are this serious you are probably running some fairly stiff springs with minimal suspension travel anyway. Larry also now sports a shaped wing on the underside of his front airdam to create a low pressure zone and encourage radiator air down and under the car. Similar wings are place at the back edge of the drop floor pans. At the very rear he has a rear CF diffuser (and mold for reproductions if anyone is interested enough). The angle fiberglass channels he has running tha length of the main frame rails were dragging the ground at the Reno event (raising some questions from both track staff and other participants alike). Larry had to adjsut the ride heght up about an inch to compensate for either the additional downforce (either that or compensate for the weight he added).

Julian