[DeTomaso] Tech session at my house on Sunday the 12th

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 29 01:08:00 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

Today I went and visited a very nice lady named Lori Albino and her son
Kaizer Jr; Kaizer Albino (PCNC member since 2001) passed away suddenly a few
months ago.   Lori and Kaizer Jr. came up to Reno to see the cars at the Fun
Rally a few weeks ago.

They want to keep their car (a very nice '71 Pantera) and drive it in
tribute to him, but they were a bit nervous about its condition and asked me to
give it a lookover.   I found a few big problems (blown-out axles, extremely
tired radiator) and a whole bunch of smaller issues.

I've decided to have Kaizer Jr. come to my house on Sunday the 12th where
we will attempt to tackle a bunch of the little jobs--change brake and clutch
fluid, rebuild the steering column, remove the shocks and take them apart
and remove the spring spacers, install PPC camber lock kit, install a new
side marker bezel, new door rubber, lube the shift linkage, etc. etc.

These jobs could all be done in parallel if there was enough help here.
I'd really like to help these guys get their car back on the road.   We'll
take care of the big jobs (axle R&R, radiator/fan replacement, fixing the
radiator fan/headlight wiring) later, but we can attend to the other things on
Sunday the 12th.

The more help I can get out here, the better. :>)

Thanks!