[DeTomaso] Holy Overflow Tank Batman....

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jun 28 23:16:18 EDT 2009

No, really... it has holes in it.

But before we get that far.....  Let's see what Asa Jay did in his
garage today.

- Got that pesky piece of leftover heater hose bib out of the block.
    Used a chisel, pliers and magnet.  Gory details in the photos.
- Installed the new press in hose bib.
    That was easy.
- Removed the thermostat housing tube and thermostat, and did a little
testing.
    Uh-oh....... who'se running this same style thermostat?  I found out
something interesting.  See photos for details.
- Removed the overflow tank, you'll love this one.  See the photos.

Start the adventure here:
http://www.teampanteraracing.com/index.php?option=com_g2bridge&view=gallery&Itemid=57&g2_itemId=2621

So I'll be ordering up a new fill tank and modifying my cooling system,
ala Mike Trusty and all those who have sent me photos, directions, and
given me general counsel.  I now have all the tubes (except under car)
removed and ready for modifications.  I'll be looking to buy this tank:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CTR-80-202/?image=large
and will probably try to mount it where the overflow was.
Surfing around for other items... I stumbled on this:
http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/Flex-a-lite/Product-Line/Flex-a-lite-In-Line-Radiator-Hose-Adapters/?autoview=SKU
which I might try too adapt into the system as well.

Overall I'd say I had a good day in the garage.  At least I came away
feeling good about something.  :)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie