[DeTomaso] Mechanical Fuel Pumps

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Jun 28 22:20:41 EDT 2009

Dear Scott,

            You wrote:

> Any thoughts about using a banjo fitting off the bottom of the tank?
> I should probably see if I can get a stardard AN8 fitting that doesn't
> hang down too far....??????

$$$$$$    Thoughts:  1) it is pretty easy to run a big line down there.  I've done that.

                               2) as Art noted and as others have told me, it is awfully vulnerable down there

                               3)  a gasoline fueled fire in the case of an accident is an awful, awful complication

                               4)  burns plus injuries is a really bad combination

                               5)  As long as nothing happens, there is no danger.

                               6)  I am going to re-engineer the fuel pickup and run the fuel line out of the top of the tank.  Soon.

 I'm thinking I can get a larger fitting in the
> bottom of the tank compared to the standard fuel line off the top.

$$$$$$$$     Jack DeRyke wrote an article about this very topic.  The exact location of the article escapes me, but I bet Jack will chime in and enlighten us.

                                  Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles