[DeTomaso] filter?

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sun Jun 28 11:51:59 EDT 2009

Tomas' link is for a seller that only sells two or more to USA buyers.

You can buy singles from an eBay seller.

Just put 'tefba' in the eBay search engine. The seller is Fasterjags.
$72.15 to my door.

The filter only comes in 1/4" steps, so it is not made in our needed 1
3/8" size. Buy the 1 1/2" size.

Previous buyers have hot water soaked their 1 3/8" hose and managed to
get it to slip over the 1 1/2" Tefba filter.

I have my filter sitting on the workbench, and am awaiting my eBay
purchase from the UK of two, black silicone straight reducers - 1 1/2"
x 1 3/8"  $31.22 to my door - this is a sale price that ends in five
days.

Link to auction here: http://tinyurl.com/l3yn9t  Seller is:
siliconedirect

I could not find a USA supplier of this size reducer in black; blue
yes, red yes.  But I didn't want the ricer colored hose bling-thing on
2511.

When using silicone hose, you do NOT want the standard hose clamps.
Best to use a t-bolt clamp.  I found mine at as good a price as any
from Summit.

You'll need four clamps, two each of two sizes. Based on the UK
seller's specs, diameter and hose wall thickness, I purchased two part
# SME-240175  and two SME-240200 clamps.  $24.75 to my door.

I tend to avoid driving all over town and just buy online for items
like the clamps.  You might find them locally, too.

I intend to install it in the upper surge tank hose location.

Larry