[DeTomaso] Price is a little high, but It's in good company . . .

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 10:43:59 EDT 2009

I was wondering about that! I went back a looked at the pictures to see what
I had missed. There is no "Torsion Bar". For those few who may not know
"Torsion Bar" suspension uses the "torsion in steel " to create the same
effect as springs but instead of using leaf springs or coil springs it uses
torsion to capture and release kinetic energy  in spring steel by twisting a
"torsion bar" to capture and release the energy of the up and down movement
of the car body and converting it into twisting movement of the torsion bar.
I am sure I am not describing the definition of the mechanics of the process
accurately . But anyone who is interested can go to wikipedia for an
accurate description  of Torsion bar suspension.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsion_bar It looks to me like someone just
sprayed the entire sway bar , and A arm assembly with flat black paint.
 That combined with the inaccuracies listed in the description and the lack
of detailed photos of the engine compartment make me wonder if they just
sprayed flat black paint on the underside of the car to "clean it up"