[DeTomaso] Mangusta For Sale

Bill Lewis lotus0005 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 27 10:24:10 EDT 2009

Another point about these thoughts:

In the past week I have been reading about all the Panteras that are being "parted out," and I thought, why are they doing that!!  I, personally don't like that.  That is a Pantera.  Somebody, somewhere can patch it up and make it as good as new.

Some folks take their Panteras and saw then, cut them, weld then, re-build them with Hemi's, Chevy's, etc., and add wings, scoops, spoilers; anything that they want to, and others try to find a bone-stock one.  And, we all say, "Yep, that's cool."

I watch all the high-end auto auctions, and think, man that would be a great car to own, but if I owned a $15M Bugatti, I don't know that I would drive it very often, either.  And, some astute dudes have made a lot of money buying and selling high-end, trailer queens, and muscle cars.

I've got a $25.00  figure of Michael Jordan, that I really like.  It's in a bookcase.  I don't let the grandboys play with it.

So, the bottom line is, "ain't life great!"  I'm glad we have the working dude in his shop, tearing down and re-building, and we have the super-rich dude who can make sure everything doesn't end up in the junk heap, and keep it in great shape.

I'm glad Bill Gates is building a multi-million dollar place.  We are building an apartment in a barn, and can hardly wait to get into it.

Different strokes....

---Bill Lewis