[DeTomaso] DeTomaso] Fwd: gauges that fog during use

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat Jun 27 09:48:27 EDT 2009

Torbjörn,

I agree with you that the bulbs don't generate moisture but the heat does generate air circulation inside the gauge and the face will always be much cooler than the internals of the gauge. Ventilation alone doesn't solve it I think. I have many years ago modified my '71 to suck outside air from the wiper grille area with a flex hose to the passenger side opening of the heater fan housing (similar to later cars).

Tomas