[DeTomaso] Possible Hood Vents

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 08:54:19 EDT 2009

There are twoo reasons not to cut up your original hood. Some day it will be
worth allot more money only if it is totally stock. I have a similar
situation with my readeck lid. I have and use a fiberglas lid. I am saving
my steel one  for the day that I either sell it or return my car to stock.
The other more obvious reason ( especially since you mentioned racing is
weight. The glas hood is much lighter.  Remember original Parts are like
real estate. Theey are destined to increase in value because they just
aren't making anymore. You can get and experiment on all the fiberglas hoods
you want or you can really go high tech and go carbon fibre. Lighter then
steel and stronger too! ( just not cheaper).
Boyd (my 2 cents)