[DeTomaso] DeTomaso] Fwd: gauges that fog during use

jefude at bellsouth.net jefude at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 26 19:01:39 EDT 2009

Boyd,

I also value Jon’s “Expert” electronic opinion. I have installed his ignition bypass which is a first rate product. There is probably no individual in the Pantera community  as  knowledgeable  and experienced with Pantera electronics as Jon.

However, you and are not experts and you are dealing with different circumstances. Yes the heat from the bulbs accelerates the condensation problem. My problem and many others are from high humidity. This does not necessarily indicate that there is a coolant leak in the passenger compartment.

It seems that the Veglia gauges main problem is that it is not properly sealed to begin with. If these units were properly sealed, I do not think the bulb wattage /or high humidity would cause any condensation.

Jeff