[DeTomaso] gauges that fog during use

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:27:54 EDT 2009

That is interesting. Mine only get condensation while the dash lights are
one. I have a whole new set of MSD gauges that I have not installed yet due
to the fact that they are a different diameter and need to have a new gauge
panel made and I have a long list of projects that still need to be
completed. The poor timing of my broken leg hasn't helped matters. I would
think that at some point your car got exposed to an inordinate amount of
moisture or you are in an area of extreme humidity. I would try to dry out
the interior of the car using a dehumidifier or some type of desiccant. The
fact that you have so much moisture that you get condensation without the
heat generated by the gauge light bulbs is not a good sign. Moisture and
electrical components are not a good combination. Moisture and Panteras in
general are not a good combination. I would explore the situation more
closely to try and determine the source of the moisture. The heater coil is
behind and just to the right of the center gauge panel ( viewed from the
drivers seat. I would suspect the possibility that some moisture or steam
may have leaked from your heater element at some time. It is not something I
would leave unresolved if it were my car.
Boyd