[DeTomaso] Letter from a Circus Circus Reno guest

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jun 26 03:08:22 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/25/09 5:47:49 PM, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> Wow.   Great job guys at the Reno event
> Makes me proud to be a part of the club even though I missed the event

You'll have your chance next year: same time (more or less), same place...

Incidently, 15 years ago (again at Reno), a member lost his MSD after a
sportscar display. So three of us pushed it a few blocks to Circus-Circus'
parking garage for a shady place to fix the thing. Someone gave him a ride to
Summit Speed Shop, and when he returned with parts, we had about 5 or 6
couples next to his car, beer cooler open, gabbing while he worked on it. A woman
with the Corvette Club walked by and asked what we all were doing. I said
our friend had a little problem and we were keeping him company.
She seemed stunned and said that would NEVER happen in the Corvette Club! A
year or so later, we heard she'd talked her husband into selling their
'Vette & buying a Pantera, apparently on the basis of that brief contact that
showed our camaraderie. Ya never know!
Cheers-J Deryke