[DeTomaso] Bypass (Re: thermostats)

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Thu Jun 25 09:35:59 EDT 2009

Hi John,

I would heat the thermostat in water till it opened 100%. At that point
measure the opening distance. After it cools make some blocks to force it
open to the same amount. Use a torch to heat the spring till it holds it at
the measured point. This way you can do your testing with cool water.

In the day I used a viscosity cup to test paint before spraying, to make
sure it was reduced (thinned) enough. You can do the same thing for this
test. If you mount a thermostat housing on the bottom of a coffee can you
can dunk it in a bucket of water many times to time how long it takes to
drain.

5 gallons of boiling water can make one big hurt!

Larry (play safe) - Cleveland