[DeTomaso] thermostats

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:34:47 EDT 2009

Jack, didn't you find about 5 years ago or so that there was something funky
with your thermostat housing or some part of the cooling system that
physically sideloaded the thermostat causing your premature failures?

Annually failing thermostats aren't one of the traits that Panteras are
known for... I hate to tempt fate, but I've never had one go bad, and my
current Robert Shaw is 9 years old.. It would make me think that there is
something specific in your application as opposed to the root cause being
the thermostat per se...

Then again maybe I imagined it, but I thought I remembered you saying that a
light bulb came on several years ago while re-hashing the cooling system.

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"