[DeTomaso]   Under car water pipes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Jun 23 17:12:45 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/23/09 12:51:56 PM, jbreardon at yahoo.com writes:

> My question is would there be much of an advantage to fit such tubing to
> the Pantera worth the effort? Depending on how many fins would there be a
> significant heat transfer?

As I mentioned, most heat transfer from the water tubes seems to go
directly into the passenger cabin, making it uncomfortable. Adding finned aluminum
tubes would undoubtably increase this heating, perhaps to the point of
needing heat shields under the floors to keep from burning the floormats. How
much actual extra engine cooling- and I rate such mods in terms of a measurable
drop in engine temp- would likely be pretty small. This makes for a poor
trade-off IMHO. FWIW- J Deryke