[DeTomaso] Under car water pipes

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue Jun 23 16:23:14 EDT 2009

J B Reardon skrev:
> Has anyone tried different rigid pipes for the coolant lines? Years ago at work some R&D engineers were working on a project and they were using some 1-2” aluminum tubing that had cast fins. Looked like an asterisks ’ * ‘.
>
> My question is would there be much of an advantage to fit such tubing to the Pantera
> worth the effort? Depending on how many fins would there be a significant heat transfer?  A second benefit of the rigid tubing that the tubes might be mounted to add a bit of stiffening for the chassis.

If there is any significant heat transfer, I imagine a lot of it would
be going to the tunnel and ultimately into the cabin.

I would try to insulate them instead to get the heat to the radiator,
instead of into the cabin. On the other hand, the radiator sits in
front, and a lot of the heat it radiates gets into the cabin anyway.
This is where the rear radiator of Diablos and similar configuations
really shines.

Thomas