[DeTomaso] Under car water pipes

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 22 21:02:35 EDT 2009

Also the Ferrari Testarossa, Lamborghini Countach, and Lamborghini Diablo.

They have a fat rear, though.  You'd have to make sure the air flows across
your radiator.

With enough ducting, you could do it.  But why?

By the way, I eliminated my swirl tank.  The water goes out the front of the
block, around the #1 cylinder, and down to the water pipes.

I don't have the heater hooked up.  I don't have an oil-to-water heat
exchanger.  I don't pull water off the back of the heads.  The heater return
hose on the water pump is plumbed to a stainless expansion tank.

The only problem I've had with overheating was when my fans weren't coming
on.  I ran for several years in Houston without knowing the fans weren't
working.  I discovered the problem in stop-n-go traffic and 100 deg weather.
I ran a hot wire to the fans (plus I replaced the water that boiled out),
and I was on my way.

Sorry - I know that's crappy English.  When I'm tired, my grammar goes to
hell.