[DeTomaso] Under car water pipes

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Mon Jun 22 19:48:24 EDT 2009

Art
If you're bored, why don't you consider eliminating the swirl tank
altogether and connecting the expansion tank to the cold (return) side of
the cooling system instead of the hot (pressure side). John Taphorn has done
this. I don't think the oil cooler or the little tubes on the rear of the
heads are neccesary for my plan, but the general idea makes a lot of sense
to me:

http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/Technical/Pantera_Cooling-JTaphorn.pdf

Barry

----

snip>>> I also got to thinking that a way to
make our cooling systems more efficient would be to increase the capacity of
the pressurized swirl tank.  I'm thinking that you could probably double the
size of the tank and make the system work better?

Art