[DeTomaso] Under car water pipes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 18:00:14 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/22/09 12:32:40 PM, wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

> Has anyone considered cutting slots so the water tubes can simply be
> raised into the body?  You could make your own removable brackets to hold them
> up......

Sort of... reportedly, one of the factory prototypes had the water tubes
actually running through the
console. And test drivers said the heat generated in the cockpit was so bad
that driving tests could not be performed. So the water transfer tubes were
lowered to the far side of the floor. But even now, a torn shift boot will
cause the shifting stick to reach a painful temperature in a short time.
This is also why it's not a good idea to make the water transfer tubes out of
copper or aluminum, or use fancy all-aluminum shift knobs in a Pantera. My
2¢- J Deryke