[DeTomaso] Rear Wheel house rust repair advice needed ..

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 02:34:48 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/21/09 17 40 14, andriykoisg at yahoo.ca writes:

> I am grateful for your advice because of your experience.  That is
> exactly what I need.

It sounds to me like you can easily get away with just using the factory
repair piece, as opposed to replacing the entire wheelhouse.

What you need is the parts assembly #32 on this page:

http://www.panterasbywilkinson.com/webpages/catalog/ill30b.html

It's the vulnurable part of the inner wheelhouse, coupled with the mounts
for the upper A-arm and the upper shock mount.   You could easily get away
with cutting away the original metal below the shock/A-arm mounts, I suspect.

Note that the part referenced above isn't available anymore, except within
the context of the entire inner wheelhouse assembly.   That assembly lists
for $3000-ish for the front half and $3000-ish for the back half--and they
are only available together as a single assembly!

Obviously a smaller repair piece will be vastly preferable.

Mike