[DeTomaso] Rear Wheel house rust repair advice needed ..

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Jun 21 18:32:22 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/21/09 14 33 53, andriykoisg at yahoo.ca writes:

> And most importantly ... Who makes the best original looking patch repair
> panel?

What kind of hurry are you in?

I'm sending my NOS factory repair panel to Johnny Woods who will use it as
a template to make perfect reproductions; I'm sending it to him next week
and hopefully he'd be ready to go into productiion a few weeks later.
Perhaps you could wait that long?

The 1971 cars used square-ish tubes, and the Pantera vendors sell repair
panels which look fairly decent for those cars, but nothing at all like the
tubes on the later cars.

As to how much metal to remove, that judgement is up to you.   I'd be
fairly conservative and remove at least an inch or two higher than where the rust
is....

Mike (been there, done that, had to replace the engine wheelhouse!)