[DeTomaso] Jack & Judy's tee shirts at Reno Rally

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Jun 20 19:22:50 EDT 2009

I got a bright(?) idea a couple of weeks before the Reno Fun Rally, based
on an old photo I'd seen of Chris Meek's GT-3 on the road in Europe. I took a
digital photo of Judy's '72 instrument panel, then put a funky saying below
and had it printed on a few tee shirts. The shot shows only the two-pod
dash's speedo and tach through our MOMO steering wheel (along with my knees) in
slightly larger than life-size. The speedo needle points to about 165 mph
and the tach to about 6500 The smart-a... wordings we came up with:

"In the Pantera world, life begins at 160..."

"Just warmin' it up, Officer...."

"Grocery run in the Pantera"

"Darn, stuck in 4th gear again...."

There's a DeTomaso logo above left, in traditional blue, black & white. The
definition is pretty good- it's immediately apparent what this is even to
non-Pantera people. Some get tight-jawed while others want details. Great
conversation starter (or stopper!), depending....

We donated two of the shirts to the raffle, but several people asked where
they came from and how they could get one in their size. Our local shop
makes them up ; we could make more on a one or two at a time basis for $20 ea
including mailing costs. If you come up with your own saying, I can put that
on in place of the above. Sorry- no Mangustas or single-pod-dash Panteras in
my shop right now. Let us know if you're interested- I can send you a photo
(the LIST strips photos). Include your tee shirt size & style (Judy opted
for a lady's vee-neck). Cheers-J & J DeRyke