[DeTomaso] Chevy in & out of Panteras or Engine

dickruzzindesign dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 16:14:05 EDT 2009

Ken,
Your analysis is very good.
Imagine a company coming out with a new product that has a shelf life of four years, costing 500 million, and just as you start your are faced with a crippling strike.  We now know it takes six weeks for Gm to go broke.
Years will go by if you do not compromise, hoping to win next time.  It never happened.
This is the next time

Launching a product is the most vulnerable time for a company as the sales start volumes are linked to the overall success.

I remember union members saying they could break the company if they wanted to.

After getting everything there was to get they invented the "job bank".
Laid off workers got 95% of their normal pay, by law.

The golden goose is dead, it will not come back to life.

--
All the best, Dick Ruzzin.
dickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd. Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230 / Phone: +313-824-0539  Cell: 313-300-9558