[DeTomaso] Exhaust port tongues

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 15:53:26 EDT 2009

> I just remembered that the Great 351C Dyno Project ramrodded by Dan Jones will
> be testing this. I loaned Dan Jones my set of bronze exhaust port stingers for
> testing. There have been claims for benefits with both intake and exhaust port
> "tongues", but there has been a paucity of any actual dyno proven benefits.
> Send a donation to Dan Jones to aid the completion of this most excellent
> project.

We are prepping the iron cylinder heads now.  We have 6 sets of iron heads
to test and the exhaust port plates will be tested on the closed chamber
ported 4V heads with Pantera nad Mustang type exhaust.  The Mustang drag
racers claim they do not work but their headers have to make a sharp turn
down at the port exit.  Pantera headers don't do that so perhaps they will
work.  We shall see.

I've bee travelling a lot and haven't had time to write up the last round
of tests with the Pro Comp heads.  A quick summary is they were down a
bunch of HP to the CHI heads.

Dan Jones