[DeTomaso] Exhaust port tongues

Fredrik Gustavsson pantera at fastcat.se
Fri Jun 19 05:13:20 EDT 2009

Held by the header flange.
http://www.mpgheads.com/PortPlate/PortPlateDetail.htm

Fredrik

 Can someone please tell me where I can get weld in exhaust port tongues
for a 351c 4V

These units do not normally weld in but are simply held by the header fange
and its bolts. The exhaust gasses are moving fast enough so a small joint
between the 'tongue' and the head is totally unnoticed by the flow. And of
course, they are unnecessary with all known aluminum heads. There are two
known types: one is cast bronze while the other is made from cut & welded
stainless plate. Both reportedly work. Lance NIst sells (or did sell) them;
dunno
who else might. Call the Pantera vendors and inquire: these are 30-yr-old
tuning aids and there may be a useable set from a scrapped car. Good luck- J

Deryke

Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at
your fingertips.
(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown000000
04)