[DeTomaso] Romac Source

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 00:13:29 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/18/09 14 10 51, jefude at bellsouth.net writes:

> The "Boss Wrench" referred me to a great Romac vendor.  FastLane
> Motorsports in Benson NC.
> I purchased a Romac aluminum balancer for $249 shipped.
> Check out their website or call and speak to Melvin.
>
> http://www.fastlanemotorsports.us/UHome.asp

That's a great unit, I think.

Dan Jones recommended this one to me yesterday:

http://www.precisionparts.com.au/Pages/Product%20Profile/powerbond.htm

I got the Powerbond SFI race unit from his buddy Alex for $268, including
shipping.

BTW Larry Stock phoned me today and told me that it was probably a good
thing his distributor conked out (because his engine was several quarts low on
oil); he went to time it and found that his timing marks were appearing, and
then disappearing, then appearing again--his outer ring was sliding all
over the place.

For some strange reason he doesn't believe in quality aftermarket
balancers.   Instead he just has stock units rebuilt by Damper Dudes in Redding.
He's seen a bunch of motors with the crank snouts snapped off and attributes
that to aftermarket dampers (perhaps true of 'gimmick' units like Fluidamper,
but IMHO not likely caused by quality units like the Romac or Powerbond...)