[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 59, Issue 18-Camero-Ford

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 18 22:37:35 EDT 2009

In a message dated 6/18/09 12 38 48, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> Many have asked what speeds were we going down
> the front straight... my Gps was low on batteries
> so all I had on it was 125 which was left over from
> the Virgina City Hillclimb... I never looked at the speedo
> but others stated 130 plus in the twisties

FWIW, my desperately sad 351C could only propel me to about 110 mph at the
end of the straight (one particularly excellent approach through the last
corner coupled with some later-than-usual braking let me see almost 120 mph);
cowardice inspired by a somewhat flaccid suspension and crappy tires had me
slowing to about 80-90 mph in the esses I think?